Thursday 28 September 2017

A new Unbound project



It's cards on the table time: I need you. I've become involved in another Unbound project, and to get it out into the world, I need your help, whether that's through pledging or simply sharing the project with people.

Why, you may quite reasonably ask, am I subjecting myself to this again?


Firstly, it's a whole different kettle of fish this time: instead of working solo, I've contributed a short story to an anthology, which means it's not solely up to me to raise the funds needed. There are eight of us all working towards the same goal.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, it's in an extremely good cause: royalties after publication will go to the World Literacy Foundation (www.worldliteracyfoundation.org) to help support projects aimed at ending illiteracy around the world. All of the writers have contributed their work for free.

Thirdly, it is an excellent, not to mention diverse collection of stories, with writers including fantasy novelist (and editor of the collection) Shona Kinsella and some time QI elf Stevyn Colgan. Plus, you know, me.

The stories are all set in and around the same library in the fictional Scottish town of Finlay. Some are funny, some are sad, some are fantastical. All of them are great.

To find out more and pledge, go to http://unbound.com/books/borrowed

As always, any support you can give will be hugely appreciated. Visit the link, read about the project, pledge, share.

No comments:

Post a Comment